AMEXIDIL 5% Solution 60ml
By Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
*on All Full Pre-Paid Orders
- Cashback validity: 100 days
Rs.449.00 (19% Savings)
Rs.482.00 (13% Savings)
Rs.495.00 (11% Savings)
Rs.528.00 (5% Savings)
What is AMEXIDIL 5% Solution used for?
AMEXIDIL 5% Solution is used to stimulate hair growth in individuals with certain type of baldness.
AMEXIDIL 5% Solution may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does AMEXIDIL 5% Solution work?
AMEXIDIL 5% Solution belongs to the class of drugs called vasodilators. The drug acts by increasing the duration of the hair follicle growth cycle and improving the quality of the hair by increasing the length and diameter of fine hair. It also acts by stimulating the follicular growth and the proliferation of dermal papilla cells. Thus, it helps to improve the growth of hair follicles.
How to use AMEXIDIL 5% Solution?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Use AMEXIDIL 5% Solution as prescribed by your doctor.
- For spray/serum and solution dosage forms, use an extender spray applicator and follow the instructions provided in the leaflet.
- For gel and lotion dosage forms, apply a thin coat over the patchy areas. Wash and dry your hands after each application.
If you miss a dose of AMEXIDIL 5% Solution, please use it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not use a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
The overdose symptoms of AMEXIDIL 5% Solution may include:
- Severe hair loss
- Burning or itchy scalp
- Skin rash
What are the drugs that interact with AMEXIDIL 5% Solution?
Drugs that interact with AMEXIDIL 5% Solution include the following:
- Pyrithione Zinc
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of AMEXIDIL 5% Solution?
The following are the most common side effects of AMEXIDIL 5% Solution:
- Redness at the site of application
- Skin rash
- Increased hair loss
- Itchy scalp
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while using AMEXIDIL 5% Solution?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to AMEXIDIL 5% Solution or similar drugs.
- Avoid using AMEXIDIL 5% Solution over the sunburned or irritated scalp.
- Do not exceed AMEXIDIL 5% Solution medication more than what is prescribed.
- Consult your doctor before using AMEXIDIL 5% Solution medicine during pregnancy or during breastfeeding.
You are advised not to use AMEXIDIL 5% Solution if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before using AMEXIDIL 5% Solution?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of skin diseases.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Tell your doctor if you ever had a scalp irritation or disease.
Frequently Asked questions about AMEXIDIL 5% Solution
- How can AMEXIDIL 5% Solution medication be stored?
- Is it safe to use any other lotion while using AMEXIDIL 5% Solution?
- Is it safe to use AMEXIDIL 5% Solution while having skin disease like eczema?
- What are the formulations of AMEXIDIL 5% Solution available?
- Is it common to have hair loss while using AMEXIDIL 5% Solution medication?
AMEXIDIL 5% Solution should be stored at room temperature, away from heat, light and excess moisture. Keep the medication away from the reach of children
Yes. Do not use any kind of lotions or any other skin medications after being treated by AMEXIDIL 5% Solution medicine.
Consult your doctor before using AMEXIDIL 5% Solution medicine if you have any history of skin disorder.
AMEXIDIL 5% Solution is available as a topical gel, lotion, serum, solution, spray and a tablet.
Yes. Hair loss is one of the common side effects of AMEXIDIL 5% Solution medication. However, consult your doctor immediately if the problem continues for more than two weeks.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.