Please enter your name, mobile number and E-mail ID, and we will send you an email when the requested item is back in stock.
AMARYL P 1mg Tablet 10's
By Sanofi India Ltd Prescription Needed
*on All Full Pre-Paid Orders
- Cashback validity: 100 days
What is AMARYL P 1mg Tablet used for?
AMARYL P 1mg Tablet is an oral anti-diabetic medicine, which is used for the treatment of type 2 diabetes mellitus. This combination should be used in conjunction with diet and exercise to improve glycaemic control.
AMARYL P 1mg Tablet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does AMARYL P 1mg Tablet work?
In AMARYL P 1mg Tablet, Glimepiride belongs to the class of drugs called insulin secretagogues. It decreases the blood glucose levels by stimulating the insulin release from the pancreatic cells.
Pioglitazone belongs to the class of drugs called thiazolidinediones. It works by increasing insulin sensitivity through specific receptors and stimulating the peripheral glucose uptake.
How to take AMARYL P 1mg Tablet?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight, and medical condition of an individual. Take AMARYL P 1mg Tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
Swallow the tablet whole. Do not crush or chew the tablet. Usually, this combination should be taken with the first meal of the day.
If you miss a dose of AMARYL P 1mg Tablet, please take it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with AMARYL P 1mg Tablet?
Drugs that interact with AMARYL P 1mg Tablet include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of AMARYL P 1mg Tablet?
The following are the most common side effects of AMARYL P 1mg Tablet:
- Loss of appetite
- Pain in the lower back
- Speech impairment
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Blurred vision
- Frequent urination
- Increased heartbeat
- Painful urination
- Unusual weight gain
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions AMARYL P 1mg Tablet?
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may worsen the side effects of AMARYL P 1mg Tablet.
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to AMARYL P 1mg Tablet or similar drugs.
- Avoid using AMARYL P 1mg Tablet if you have any heart diseases.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if AMARYL P 1mg Tablet causes dizziness or blurred vision.
You are advised not to take AMARYL P 1mg Tablet if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking AMARYL P 1mg Tablet?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of cardiac diseases, liver or kidney disorders.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Inform your doctor if you are planning to get pregnant.
- Tell the doctor if you have to undergo any medical or surgical procedure.
- Tell your doctor if you have bladder cancer or high blood acid levels due to diabetes (Diabetic ketoacidosis).
Frequently Asked Questions about AMARYL P 1mg Tablet
- How should AMARYL P 1mg Tablet be stored?
- Do I need to be monitored for any laboratory parameters while taking AMARYL P 1mg Tablet?
- Can I take AMARYL P 1mg Tablet for type 1 diabetes?
- I am advised to go for a dental surgery. Should I inform the doctor about the usage of AMARYL P 1mg Tablet?
- Should I follow any special dietary instructions while taking AMARYL P 1mg Tablet?
AMARYL P 1mg Tablet should be stored at room temperature (25 – 30OC). Keep the medicine away from direct sunlight.
Yes, regular monitoring of blood sugar levels and red blood cell count is advised while on AMARYL P 1mg Tablet.
No, AMARYL P 1mg Tablet is indicated only for the patients with type 2 diabetes.
Yes, you must inform your doctor or dentist about the usage of AMARYL P 1mg Tablet before you undergo any medical or dental procedures.
The effectiveness of AMARYL P 1mg Tablet can be increased when the medication is used along with regular exercise and proper diet.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.