Rs.94.00 (78% Savings)
Rs.95.00 (77% Savings)
Rs.107.00 (75% Savings)
Rs.119.00 (72% Savings)
Rs.204.00 (52% Savings)
Please note, before you can choose the low cost generic option, please ask your doctor to add the generic drug to your prescription.
What is ALFOO 10mg Tablet used for?
ALFOO 10mg Tablet is used to treat the following condition benign enlargement of the prostate gland known as prostatic hyperplasia.
ALFOO 10mg Tablet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by your doctor.
How does ALFOO 10mg Tablet work?
ALFOO 10mg Tablet belongs to a class of drugs known as alpha blockers. It works by blocking alpha receptors in muscle of the prostate gland. It relaxes the muscle of the prostate and bladder to improve urine flow and reduces the symptoms of BPH (benign prostatic hyperplasia).
How to take ALFOO 10mg Tablet?
- The dosage of oral capsules of ALFOO 10mg Tablet depends on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take ALFOO 10mg Tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
- ALFOO 10mg Tablet tablets should be swallowed whole with a water. They can be taken either with or without food. It works best when taken after food.
- It is used two or three times a day depending on the condition.
- Do not break or chew the tablet.
- First dose of ALFOO 10mg Tablet can make you feel dizzy or faint, please take it before going to bed till the symptoms goes away
- If you miss a dose of ALFOO 10mg Tablet, please take it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
If you have taken an overdose of ALFOO 10mg Tablet please contact your doctor immediately.
Symptoms of overdose may include the following:
- Blurred vision
What are the drugs that interact with ALFOO 10mg Tablet?
Drugs that interact with ALFOO 10mg Tablet:
- Glyceryl trinitrate, Isosorbide mononitrate
- Prazosin, Doxazosin
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of ALFOO 10mg Tablet?
- Blurred vision
- Skin rash
Please stop your capsules and contact your physician immediately if you have
- serious allergic reaction (rash, itching or swelling (especially of the face, tongue, throat), dizziness, trouble breathing);
- dark urine, clay-coloured stools, jaundice (yellowing of the skin or eyes);
- fainting episodes;
- penis erection which last for very long hours;
- angina pectoris (severe pain in the chest) in patients with pre-existing damage in heart’s blood vessels.
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking ALFOO 10mg Tablet?
- If you have eye surgery for cataract planned, tell your eye doctor that you are using ALFOO 10mg Tablet or have taken an alpha-blocker in the past.
- Tell your dentist that you take ALFOO 10mg Tablet before you take any medical dental care, emergency care, or surgery.
You are advised not to take ALFOO 10mg Tablet if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.