What is AIRTIO INSTACAP used for?
AIRTIO INSTACAP inhaler/rotacap is used for the treatment of asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD).
AIRTIO INSTACAP may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does AIRTIO INSTACAP work?
AIRTIO INSTACAP belongs to the class of drugs called anti-muscarinic agents. This drug acts by inhibiting certain receptors in the smooth muscles of the airways. This dilates the respiratory tract and eases the breathing process.
How to use AIRTIO INSTACAP?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual.
AIRTIO INSTACAP inhaler/rotacap should be used as per the instructions provided by the doctor. Inhale the medication by inserting the container tip into the mouth. You must use only 1 or 2 puffs twice or thrice daily.
If you miss a dose of AIRTIO INSTACAP, please use it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not use a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with AIRTIO INSTACAP?
Drugs that interact with AIRTIO INSTACAP include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of AIRTIO INSTACAP?
The following are the most common side effects of AIRTIO INSTACAP:
- Back pain
- Difficulty in falling asleep
- Ear congestion
- Difficulty in concentrating
- Increased hunger
- Increased thirst
- Loss of appetite
- Sore throat
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Blistering and peeling of the skin
- Blurry vision
- Difficulty breathing
- Trouble swallowing
- Loss of voice
- Unexplained weight loss
- Unusual lethargy
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while using AIRTIO INSTACAP?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to AIRTIO INSTACAP or similar drugs.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may worsen the side effects of AIRTIO INSTACAP.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if AIRTIO INSTACAP causes dizziness or blurred vision.
- Consult the doctor if you experience wheezing immediately after using the medication.
- Avoid accidental contact of the medication with eye.
- Practise good oral hygiene while using AIRTIO INSTACAP inhaler/rotacap.
- Do not stop using the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor. Discontinuing the medication suddenly may cause the illness to return.
- Do not exceed the dose more than what is prescribed.
- Be cautious if you have a history of glaucoma, cystic fibrosis and enlarged prostate gland.
You are advised not to use AIRTIO INSTACAP if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before using AIRTIO INSTACAP?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of respiratory disorders, diabetes, liver dysfunction or heart disease.
- Inform the doctor if you are using any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Inform the doctor if you have any history of allergic reaction with the use of AIRTIO INSTACAP.
- Notify the doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Frequently Asked questions about AIRTIO INSTACAP
- I am on AIRTIO INSTACAP for asthma. Can I stop the drug if I feel better?
- How should AIRTIO INSTACAP be stored?
- Is it safe to alter the dose of AIRTIO INSTACAP?
- Should I follow any special dietary instructions while using AIRTIO INSTACAP?
- Do I need to be monitored for any laboratory parameters while using AIRTIO INSTACAP?
Do not stop the use of AIRTIO INSTACAP even if you feel better, as it may lead to complications.
Store AIRTIO INSTACAP inhaler/rotacap in a cool and dry place. Do not refrigerate or freeze the medicine.
Do not alter the dose of AIRTIO INSTACAP even if you feel better. A change in the dose increases the risk of side effects.
Avoid consumption of grapefruit and grapefruit juice while using AIRTIO INSTACAP medicine.
It is advised to monitor your lung function while using AIRTIO INSTACAP medicine.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.