Please enter your name, mobile number and E-mail ID, and we will send you an email when the requested item is back in stock.
What is ADENOXYL HB Tablet used for?
ADENOXYL HB Tablet tablet/capsule/syrup is used for the treatment of anaemia and nutritional deficiencies.
ADENOXYL HB Tablet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does ADENOXYL HB Tablet work?
In ADENOXYL HB Tablet, Adenosylcobalamin is a nutritional supplement. It acts by binding to certain proteins in the blood, thereby improving oxygen transportation in the body. Thus, it reduces the symptoms of anaemia.
Carbonyl Iron is a mineral supplement that acts by improving the oxygen-carrying capacity of the red blood cells. Thus, it improves the blood levels in the body.
Folic acid is a nutritional supplement. It acts by regulating the process of formation of red blood cells by binding to certain enzymes. Thus, it improves the blood levels in the body and reduces the symptoms of anaemia.
Zinc is a mineral supplement that acts by improving and balancing the nutrients required for the proper growth and functioning of the body.
How to take ADENOXYL HB Tablet?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take ADENOXYL HB Tablet tablet/capsule/syrup as prescribed by your doctor.
- Swallow the tablet/capsule Do not crush or chew the tablet/capsule. Do not tear open the capsule. Take the drug with or without food. However, taking the drug with food prevents stomach upset.
- In case of syrup , shake the suspension well before taking each dose to ensure uniform mixing of the drug. Use a measuring cup while taking each dose.
If you miss a dose of ADENOXYL HB Tablet, please take it as soon as you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
The overdose symptoms of ADENOXYL HB Tablet include the following:
- Poor concentration
- Unusual weakness
- Numbness or tingling
You must seek immediate medical care if you experience any of the above symptoms.
What are the drugs that interact with ADENOXYL HB Tablet?
Drugs that interact with ADENOXYL HB Tablet include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of ADENOXYL HB Tablet?
The following are the most common side effects of ADENOXYL HB Tablet:
- Poor appetite
- Gas or bloating
- Change in taste in your mouth
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Severe abdominal pain
- Unusual hoarseness
- Swelling of the face, tongue or throat
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking ADENOXYL HB Tablet?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to ADENOXYL HB Tablet or similar drugs.
- Seek doctor’s advice before taking any other drug or herbal products while on ADENOXYL HB Tablet.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may alter the absorption of ADENOXYL HB Tablet.
- Consult your doctor before taking ADENOXYL HB Tablet medicine during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
You are advised not to take ADENOXYL HB Tablet if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking ADENOXYL HB Tablet?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of renal or hepatic impairment.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Tell the doctor if you have undergone any surgical procedure.
Frequently Asked Questions about ADENOXYL HB Tablet
- Is it safe to alter the dose of ADENOXYL HB Tablet?
- Is it safe to take ADENOXYL HB Tablet while suffering from an infection?
- How long can I take ADENOXYL HB Tablet?
No. It is advised not to alter the dose of ADENOXYL HB Tablet. Please take the medicine as recommended by your doctor.
Inform your doctor before taking ADENOXYL HB Tablet as you may need certain dose adjustments while suffering from an infection.
ADENOXYL HB Tablet should be taken for a recommended duration of time as prescribed by your doctor.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.