Kitchen cures to control Asthmatic conditions
World Asthma Day falls on May 1 and it is observed to acknowledge the problems faced by people who suffer from a lung condition associated with breathing difficulties. It is known to affect people of all age groups and can also start from childhood. The main symptoms of asthma are wheezing, breathlessness and coughing and chest tightness.
Although there are various treatment methods and drugs for asthmatic conditions, one may even depend on day to day food to keep the symptoms under control. However, it is recommended that on critical conditions one must follow the advice of medical professionals and doctors.
- Garlic: The anti-inflammatory property of Garlic is known to alleviate the symptoms of Asthma. Have 2-3 cloves per day.
- Ginger: Ginger is also known to reduce inflammation. Some studies show that oral ginger supplements are linked to improvement in asthma symptoms. Take around 1000 mg per day.
- Turmeric: Turmeric is found to have anti-allergic properties. It has been found that turmeric fights the chemicals (histamines) that cause inflammation. Thus, it can reduce the severity of asthma. You can have 500 mg per day
- Honey: It is a common ingredient in many remedies that can cure cold, cough and soothe an irritating throat. It is suggested that mixing honey with hot drink relieves asthma symptoms. Have 2-3 tbsp per day.
- Omega-3: Omega 3 fatty acids are generally used to help prevent and treat heart diseases. These are also found to decrease airway inflammation and boost lung function. Thus, they are beneficial in asthma treatment. Take 250-500mg per day.