- If possible buy a small air conditioner or cooler to keep at least one room cool during the hottest parts of the day.
- Cover your head while going outdoors.
- Wear lightweight, loose-fitting clothes. Choose lighter colours that reflect heat.
- Use sunscreen on the parts of the body that aren't covered by clothing, including the face, ears, legs and arms
- Always carry a bottle of water with you to ensure you drink at least eight glasses of water daily. Increase the amount if you perspire excessively
- Avoid bottled drinks that contain caffeine, which actually dehydrates the body
- Try to go out only during the cooler parts of the day, preferably during the early mornings and late evenings. Try to do your exercises and other activities during these times only.
- Shut windows and doors, as well as curtains to keep the hot and humid air out, keeping your house slightly cool during the heat wave.
- Eat light- smaller portions of foods, like yogurt, fruits, and vegetables to keep the body from digesting too much food at one go.
NOTE: Prescription medicines will be dispensed strictly and only against a valid prescription from a Registered Medical Practitioner.
|© 2016 Netmeds Marketplace Limited. All Rights Reserved. |