How To Use Ice Cubes For Beautiful Skin
Water benefits skin in many ways, but it is surprising to know that frozen water has many uses in beauty care if applied properly. Renowned beauty expert Shahnaz Husain, founder, Chairperson and Managing Director of The Shahnaz Husain Group, reveals few beauty secrets behind applying ice cubes on the face.
However, make sure not to apply ice directly on the skin as it can damage capillaries. Always wrap ice cubes in a clean cloth and they apply it gently for few seconds at a time.
1. Cleanse your face thoroughly and gently rub few ice cubes on it. It helps to shrink the pores and even stops sweating for a while. It refreshes the skin and even adds the glow.
2. To make your foundation to last longer during hot and humid season, first cleanse the skin and then apply an astringent toner, using cotton wool. After a few minutes, wrap an ice cube in a clean cloth and apply it on the skin for a few seconds. This helps to close the pores.
3. Ice applications are also helpful in dealing with acne conditions. If acne eruptions look red and inflamed, rubbing ice cubes would help the condition to subside.
4. If there is any injury with swelling, we have heard how an ice pack reduces the inflammation and relieves pain. The same principle can be applied to reduce puffy eyes. Again wrap the ice cube in a clean cloth and apply under the eyes.
5. The skin under the eyes is very thin and this can result in broken capillaries if you apply the ice for longer periods. After threading or even waxing, ice applications do help.
Aashmeen Munjaal of Star Salon and Academy also shares few inputs:
1. Rub the cubes over your face properly and leave them for 20 minutes and then rinse. It works as a great cleanser and toner if used twice daily. If you have dry skin, add two to three almonds to this paste and it will be a boon for your skin.
2. For oily skin, add lime juice or eau de cologne to the cube. It keeps your skin odour-free and well nourished. You can also use it for underarms as it helps controlling the excessive sweat and odour.
3. If your skin is patchy or is suffering from sunburn, you can use aloe vera cubes to soothe and nourish your skin. You can add jasmine or neem oil which are very good for skin. Just take one cube and rub it over your neck, knuckles and elbows and leave for 15-20 minutes to remove dark cells and tanning.