How to neutralize acidity with these natural remedies
Acidity is a common problem affecting people of all age groups and gender. It is an imbalance of acids produced by stomach. This causes stomach ache, gas, nausea, bad breath and other symptoms. Some simple natural remedies can be helpful to relieve discomfort and symptoms of acidity.
- Drink a glass of lukewarm water, just before sleeping at night and right after waking up, to neutralize excess acid in the stomach
- Avoid drinking water immediately after meal
- Directly eating or boiling 3-4 basil leaves (tulsi)
- Cinnamon (dalchini) is recommended to people suffering from frequent acidity problems
- Buttermilk (chaach) with black pepper and 1 teaspoon coriander (dhaniya)
- Jaggery (gur), cloves (laung), cumin seeds (jeera), and ginger (adrakh), acts as natural anti-inflammatory and antacid product
- Cold milk contains sufficient amount of calcium which prevents buildup of acid in stomach
- Raw apple cider vinegar also helps to get rid of acid problems and coconut water helps relief from problems of acidity
- Anise Seeds (fennel or saunf) boiled with a glass of water is very effective to treat acidity.
- Bananas, raw mint leaves or mint juice, Citrus fruits such as, pineapple, orange and lemons, are effective in fighting acid related problems.