Health & Beauty Benefits Of Manila Tamarind
Camachile is a native of Southern Mexico, South America and Central America. In India, it is known as Manila tamarind fruit. Manila tamarind has no relation to well-known molasses-coloured tamarind. It is an acrid organic fruit with a novel taste and has a broad spectrum of health benefits. The natives used Manila tamarind in various traditional medicines ranging from bronchitis, diarrhoea, haemorrhage, sores, and liver problem.
- Manages toothaches, sore gums and mouth ulcers.
- Works as an antiseptic
- The abundance of vitamin C in Manila tamarinds, boost the immune system immune system and reduces phlegm.
- The bark extract is used to cure dysentery and chronic diarrhoea.
- Its high thiamine content, promote the body convert sugars into energy, which impacts the mood and helps stabilize stress levels.
- According to a study published in the Journal of Ethnopharmacology, Manila tamarind fruit exhibited strong anti-ulcer activity comparable to the standard drug, omeprazole.
- A study published in the Evidence Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine found that fruit extracts protected the liver from oxidative
- Treats oily scalp and prevents hair loss.
- Slow down the ageing - lightens the skin, removes dark spots, and cures acne.
Ways to use Manila tamarind
The pod is a sweet and sour pulp used as a base for juices with sugar and water in Mexico and eaten raw as an accompaniment to various meat dishes. It is used in curries, chutney and usili in traditional Indian dishes