Ginger is one of the most valued spices in every Indian kitchen owing to its incredible health benefits and culinary properties. Well, your parents must have always insisted you upon having a soothing cup of ginger tea for curing a host of maladies, be it an upset stomach, joint aches, nausea, sore throat, cold or the flu.
Ginger is a flowering plant that belongs to the Zingiberaceae family, where the underground part of the stem (rhizome) is used as a spice. Ginger root or ginger can be used fresh, dried, powdered or as an oil or juice in a myriad of food products, supplements and beauty care essentials for uplifting both physical and mental well-being.
Ginger holds a prominent place in Indian culinary preparation for ages that imparts rich flavour and taste, but that’s not all, as it replete with countless medicinal and therapeutic characteristics. As per the holistic science of Ayurvedic medicine, ginger is essentially the most valued herbs used widely in traditional practice for treating several health woes.
Health Benefitting Properties Of Ginger
The goodness of active compounds gingerol and shogoals in ginger exhibits potent analgesic, sedative, antipyretic, anti-inflammatory, antioxidant and antibacterial traits, which bestow ginger with wealth of medicinal benefits.
- Antibacterial traits are effective in combatting staphylococcus bacterium that is known to cause strep throat and helps in curing sore throat, cold and the flu.
- Antiviral properties help in warding off virus that lowers the risk of respiratory infection.
- Strong anti-inflammatory effects reduce inflammation that mitigates joint and muscle aches.
- Potent antioxidant properties fight free radical damage and lowers the risk of diseases.
- Analgesic effects support in alleviating muscle pain and abdominal cramps.
- Sedative traits increase serotonin secretion that enhances brain power and beat stress.
- Ginger acts as a good digestive stimulant that kindle digestive fire, promotes metabolism and treats all other gastrointestinal woes.
Fresh ginger juice with notable amounts of volatile oils lubricates the digestive system, increase the acid secretion in stomach that assists in burning calories and fat and boost up the metabolic rate of the system.
Ginger can be consumed in various avatars such as ginger tea, ginger shot and ginger concoction, when blended with other powerful ingredients like lemon, honey, pepper and turmeric may suffice in losing weight.
Ginger Combo Shots For Weight Loss
Ginger Lemon Shot
Take 1-inch piece of ginger and a teaspoon of lemon juice blend will in a blender and have this shot in one go. This powerful concoction boost metabolism and act as an appetite suppressant which prevents you from overeating and help you slim down.
Ginger Turmeric Shot
Blend 1-inch ginger, 1 teaspoon of lemon and turmeric powder, strain the shot and guzzle. The goodness of turmeric and ginger in this drink is beneficial in burning the belly fat, reduce inflammation and lose weight remarkably.
Apple Cider Vinegar Ginger Shot
Take about one teaspoon of ACV and add two teaspoons of ginger juice, blend well and take this shot in one go on an empty stomach. ACV works amazingly well when it comes to weight loss and when combined with ginger triggers the anti-glycaemic and antioxidant properties and helps in shedding excess fat.
Foray this infographic to get an insight about simple and effective natural remedies of this wonder herb for boosting overall well-being.