For Hypertensionday : Control Your Hypertension! FLAT 15% OFF on BP medications.
Control Your Hypertension
Hypertension or high blood pressure (HBP), is a long term medical condition in which the blood pressure in the arteries is constantly raised.
- 57% of stroke deaths &
- 24% of coronary heart disease deaths in India
- Physical Inactivity,
- Salt-Rich diets
- Processed and Fatty Foods, and
- Alcohol and Tobacco use
- Age- People over 60 y.o.
- Overweight or Obesity
Long Term Hypertension Causes
- Coronary artery disease,
- Heart failure,
- Peripheral Vascular Disease,
- Vision Loss and
- Chronic Kidney Disease
- Systolic (the pressure as the heart pumps blood around the body), given first - 140 mmHg(millimeters of mercury); or
- Diastolic (pressure as the heart relaxes and refills with blood), given second - over 90 mmHg
- Readings are taken in subsequent visits using a sphygmomanometer (blood pressure monitor) help doctor determine a diagnosis of Hypertension
- 120/80 is the ideal
- Restricting salt to 5 g/day
- Consuming Less Alcohol
- Shifting to or incorporating a low-fat diet of vegetables and fruits
- Weight Reduction & Maintenance
- Physical activity, i. e., walking, jogging, cycling or swimming
- Prescription Hypertension medicines, i.e., Diuretics, beta-blockers, Angiotensin receptor blockers, etc.