Coconut oil has been the time-tested panacea for several hair woes, be it hair fall, dry scalp, dandruff or thinning of hair. The plethora of essential nutrients and bioactive compounds in coconut oil makes it a true superhero for healing many of your hair and beauty issues. It works amazingly well as a natural conditioner and uplifts the overall health of the mane, thanks to the potent antibacterial, antimicrobial and emollient properties. Also Read: Virgin Coconut Oil: Uses, Nutrition And Health Benefits
The secret behind the long and silky tresses of women in tropical coastal areas is the fantastic coconut oil. The buttery coconut oil supports in growing the hair stronger, voluminous and renders a sparkling shine. As per the Journal of Cosmetic Science, coconut oil is greatly valued as a powerful healing aid in reducing the protein loss which results in poor hair quality.
The low molecular weight of this wonder oil helps in effortlessly penetrating deep into the hair shaft and avert hair damage. While it is a one-stop fix for most hair problems caused due to stress, medications, nutritional deficiencies, hormonal imbalance and sudden weight loss. Coconut oil is extensively used as hair care oil in the making of a multitude of hair care products ranging from conditioners, shampoo, serum and dandruff relief creams to mention a few.
Coconut oil has umpteen benefits and just simply apply it topically on hair to get stronger and healthier tresses. Some of the wellness incentives of coconut oil for hair includes:
- Coconut oil prevents the scalp from drying out, shields hair roots to avert damage and strengthens hair follicles.
- The goodness of lauric acid in coconut oil binds the hair protein, protects the roots and strands from damage.
- A notable amount of antioxidants in coconut oil promotes healthy hair growth.
- Coconut oil easily diffuses into hair shaft thus safeguarding it against environmental pollutants and heat.
- Regular massaging with coconut oil enhances blood circulation, ensuring the nutrients sustains hair follicles.
- Coconut oil works as a natural conditioner that maintains the mane soft and silky.
Check out this infographic to get an insight about coconut oil DIY recipes to nurture mane.