A piece of yummy cake is all that you need to quickly cheer you up after a bad day, it has the magic to set everything right in the place. If you enjoy and love baking, you will surely relish these sinful treats and make everyone lip smack over it.
Baking is all about choosing your favourite ingredients, blending unique flavours and seeing it rise and turn golden. Almost all cakes are baked using eggs to make it fluffy, cloud-like texture. If you don’t like eggs, fret not. Eggs can be swapped with bananas, applesauce, vinegar with baking soda, yoghurt, flaxseed powder and numerous combinations depending on the recipe.
1. Eggless Marble Cake
The yummy good marble cake made with milk and vinegar is moist, fluffy and has a very spongy texture. Made with a combo of vanilla and chocolate flavours it will make you want for an extra bite. Best for an evening party along with some bread rolls.
150 gms Butter
150 gms Castor sugar
3/4 cup Milk
3 tsp Vinegar
150 gms Plain Flour
1 tsp Vanilla Essence
1 tbsp Cocoa
1 1/2 tsp Baking powder
For the Icing:
50 gms Butter
100 gms Icing sugar
50 gms Chocolate, melted
2 tsp Cocoa
1. Beat butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
2. Slowly add in milk, vinegar and beat. Fold in all the flour.
3. Divide batter into 2 portions. Fold 1 tsp vanilla essence in half of the batter and the rest of it with cocoa powder.
4. In a greased tray, alternate the batter. Start with white batter and pour cocoa flavoured batter on top of it. Repeat till all the batter is done. Tap the tray gently to remove air bubbles, if any.
5. Take a toothpick and draw swirls in the batter for a beautiful design.
6. Bake at 180 degree Celsius for 20-25 minutes, allow it to cool.
7. Beat all the icing ingredients well and layer it over the cake.
8. Decorate with chocolate pieces and serve.
2. Eggless Pineapple Pastry
Soft sponge cake layered with cream and chopped pineapple, topped with whipped cream makes for this rich and delicious Pineapple Pastry.
For the cake:
2 Cups Flour
2 1/2 tsp Baking powder
1/2 Cup Butter
1 1/2 Cup Sugar, powdered
1/2 Cup Water
3/4 Cup Yogurt
1 tsp Vanilla essence
1/4 tsp Salt
2x9 inch round or square Cake tins
1 Cup Pineapples, finely chopped
3 Tbsp Pineapple juice
3 Cups Heavy Cream (chilled)
1/4 Cup Sugar
For garnishing Cherries and pineapple slices
1. Sift flour and baking powder into a mixing bowl.
2. Add salt, sugar, butter, water and vanilla.
3. Beat mixture using a wooden spoon or a beater till well mixed.
4. Add yogurt to the cake batter and beat till smooth. The batter looks almost glossy and fluffy when done. Transfer the batter into the prepared tins.
5. You can make two cakes or slice one cake into halves. Bake for about 20-25 minutes at 160 degrees Celsius.
Prepare the layering:
1. Whip the cream with sugar, till it holds its shape.
2. Do not over beat, as it will turn into butter.
3. Layer one sponge on the plate upside down, remove the paper and spread the chopped pineapple over it.
4. Spread a layer of cream over this and cover with the second sponge, upside down. Remove the paper and sprinkle with the juice/syrup.
5. Top it completely with a layer of cream.
6. Garnish with the pineapple slices and cherries, chill and serve.