Breathe Easy- Netmeds.com Offers Flat 15% OFF On Asthma Meds!
Asthma is repeated attacks of breathlessness , wheezing, and/or coughing, varying in severity & frequency in individuals.
Air passages in the lungs are inflamed, affecting the sensitivity of the nerve endings in the airways.
During asthmatic attacks, the air passage linings swell causing the airways to narrow, reducing the flow of air in and out of the lungs.
- 15 - 20 million asthmatics
- 10% to 15% of 5 - 11 year old Indian children are asthmatic.
- Family history of Asthma or Allergies;
- Low birth weight;
- Respiratory Infections;
- Indoor allergens e.g., domestic mites in bedding, carpets and stuffed furniture, cats and cockroaches;
- Tobacco smoke and exposure to chemical irritants in the workplace
- Extreme emotional expression,
- Physical exercise, and
- Cold weather.
- Each person's triggers/stimuli differ- Learn Your Triggers & Avoid Them;
- Preventive medications are steroid-based & help reduce an asthmatic person's the sensitivity to allergens.
- Cannot be Cured, Only Controlled;
- Requires continuous medical care;
- Long-term medications for moderate to severe asthma
- Reliever medications - Symptoms are relieved y quick-acting medicines, i.e., inhaled short-acting beta2-agonists.