Actress Kangana Ranaut, who is known to be physically fit and tough, has pushed the boundaries for a new ad campaign for Reebok. The actor is seen flipping tires, doing handstand pushups, box jumps, kick boxing and is even seen doing monkey bar exercises on a scaffolding.
Kangana, who excels in off-beat roles and redefining conventions, says that a strong will and tough mind can make anything possible. "Shooting for this video was physically challenging but with a strong will and tough mind anything is possible. It is all about training the mind to succeed and overcome fears. The idea was to deliver my best and make the workout seem as real and ripped on camera.
"This high intensity driven exercises demanded physical strength and I realized how my fitness regime in real life helped me portray them in reel life too," she said in a statement.
Kangana follows a strict workout routine comprising of strength training, circuit training and weight training to stay toned.
This is Kangana’s weekly workout routine:
Monday: Strength Training
- 20 minutes of fartlek running
- 10 sets of squats of 10 reps
- 10 sets of push-ups of 10 reps
- 10 sets of pull-ups of 10 reps
- Kick boxing for 45 minutes
- Full body stretching exercises
- 20 minutes hill-training
Thursday: Abs and Lower Back
- 30 minutes of hurdle training and sprinting drills
- 20 minutes abs workout followed by lower back exercises
- Power yoga for 45 minutes
- Meditation for 10 minutes for peace of mind
- Turbulence training or PHA training to build stamina and improve muscular endurance
- Rest (IANS)