Amazing Benefits Of Sprouts
Sprouts are an amazing food known for their nutritional value. Seeds of grains or legumes are germinated to produce this superfood. Packed with protein, calcium, fibre, vitamin, mineral, and enzyme; sprouts promote good health and are vital for complete development.
Here are a few benefits of eating sprouts:
1. Low Calorie TreatA bowl of sprouts, about 100 grams, contains just a little over 100 calories, packed with all the essential nutrients. It helps to keep the hunger pangs under control and helps to lose weight.
2. Filled with fibreSprouts contain about 7.6 grams of fibre per serving. Fibre rich food is ideal for obese people as well as diabetics. Fibre is vital for the digestive system, keeps you satiated, delays gastric emptying time, prevents binge eating and is a godsend for people suffering from constipation.
3. Power Packed with ProteinProtein foods offer varied health benefits. Evidence suggests that high protein intakes result in a quicker fat loss. Sprouts are packed with a good amount of proteins; a cup of sprouts contains 14 grams of proteins.
4. Reduces cholesterolA bowl of sprouts contains as little as about 0.38 grams of fat. Sprouts being a low-fat food and rich in fibre help to lower the cholesterol levels and maintain an ideal body weight.
5. Cleanses the BodySprouts help in boosting the immune system and cleanses the body. The chlorophyll in sprouts is helpful in removing the toxins from the cells and lymphatic system. The enzymes in sprouts ease the digestion process that also helps to get rid of the toxins.
Added Benefits of Sprouting:
- It is easily digestible
- Sprouting increases the vitamins and mineral content
- Doubles the Vitamin A content
- B complex vitamin increases 5-10 times more
- Level of Vitamin C increases
- The bioavailability of nutrients increases
- Proteins are easily digestible
- Cooking time is reduced