10#yearchallenge: A Decade of Dhoni
ICC & BCCI Honour Dhoni In Their Tweets
With #10yearchallenge gripping the social media, International Cricket Council (ICC) and Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) too decided do their bit in honour of the most loved cricketer of all times – Mahindra Singh Dhoni.
In a tweet, ICC posted pictures of Dhoni along with the caption #2009vs2019@msdhoni still smashing sixes and finishing chases!
And BCCI too posted pictures of Captain Cool in his trademark helicopter shot, captioning #10yearchallenge @msdhoni along with emojis wearing sunglasses!
Dhoni is the only Indian cricketer to get that honour from ICC, as a part of #10yearchallenge, which stands as a testimony for his greater contributions to both Indian and international cricket in his entire career.
On this occasion, Netmeds.com lists out few landmark achievements of its brand ambassador, in the last decade.
- Dhoni was the second Indian captain after Sourav Ganguly, to win his first test match both at home and overseas. He led India for the first time in an overseas Test against New Zealand in March 2009, by 10 wickets.
- Captain Cool was also the only Indian captain to have won five consecutive series that were held between 2008 to 2010.
- It was only under his able guidance, India climbed to No 1 in the ICC Test Rankings in December 2009.
- Under Dhoni’s captaincy India won six consecutive Tests between February and November 2013, a record set by any Indian captain.
- Dhoni was the only captain to end the drought for ICC World Cup in 2011 after playing against Srilanka. He along with team brought World Cup home after 28 years.
- His grit and determination in leading India to ICC World Cup finals, while playing against archrival Pakistan was perhaps the most watched, cherished game that him God of Cricket, in hearts of every Indian.
- During a Chennai test in 2013 against Australia, the smashing cricketer scored 224 runs smacking the ball to all corners around the crease. It is the highest score by an Indian wicketkeeper batsman in Test cricket.
- In July 2018, Dhoni became the fourth Indian batsman to score 10,000 runs in one-day international cricket.
- Under his captaincy, his team Chennai Super King won 2010, 2011 and 2018 Indian Premier League titles.
- In the last decade, Dhoni not only achieved a lot in his professional career but settled in his personal life too. He married his childhood sweetheart Sakshi Singh Rawat in 2010 and the couple became parents to baby girl Ziva.