Uses of Mebeverine
Mebeverine is used in adults for the symptomatic treatment of irritable bowel syndrome (IBS).
How Mebeverine works
Mebeverine is an antispasmodic medication. It relaxes the smooth muscles of the stomach and the intestines which therefore relieves painful muscle cramps caused due to irritable bowel syndrome and other stomach conditions.
Common side effects of Mebeverine
- skin rash, redness or itching
When to consult your doctor
Consult your doctor:
- in case of accidental overdosage
- if you experience signs of an allergic reaction (such as skin rash, itching, swelling of the face, lips, tongue, or throat which causes difficulty in breathing or swallowing)
Health Tips for Mebeverine
- Maintain a balanced diet and healthy lifestyle to support the management of irritable bowel syndrome. Avoid trigger foods that may exacerbate your symptoms and consider stress reduction techniques
- A high fiber diet may help, but ask your pharmacist for more information. You may find it helpful to set aside a few moments each day to relax and gently unwind